Surrounding area » The Mozart City of Salzburg
City of Salzburg – Art & Culture
Salzburg’s old town is rich in historical treasures. It is hardly surprising that is was selected as a world heritage site by the UNESCO in 1997. Not only was the UNESCO impressed with Salzburg’s magical old town but also the numerous tourists who visit it daily.
- Hohensalzburg Fortress – definitely worth a visit
- A guided tour through the dungeon and its museum – a lasting impression.
- From the fortress you have a wonderful view of Salzburg with ist countless church spires and domes.
- Mirabell Gardens in the heart of the City of Salzburg
- Enjoy a shopping trip along the Getreidegasse.
- Salzburg’s SHOPPING MILE
- Mozart’s Birthplace
Hellbrunn – a gem on the outskirts of Salzburg.
Hellbrunn Castle with its wonderful gardens and world famous trick fountains is situated on the outskirts of Salzburg.
You just have to see it for yourself!
Besides the castle Hellbrunn also has an alpine zoo. Can you spot the vultures flying above you? You will also find lots of different animals there.
From June to the beginning of September the zoo is open at night too!
And so you can see what the animals do at night.